8 Top Prospects for Expanding Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
November 20 2012 7:26 PM ET
Colorado: An attempt to pass civil unions legislation died in the Republican-controlled House last year, prompting advocates to push for and win Democratic control of the chamber this year. Incoming House Speaker Mark Ferrandino, who is openly gay, expects to see the measure signed into law by Governor John Hickenlooper. Then, advocates can begin work on overturning the constitutional ban on same-sex marriage passed by voters in 2006.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland