8 Top Prospects for Expanding Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
November 20 2012 7:26 PM ET
Colorado: An attempt to pass civil unions legislation died in the Republican-controlled House last year, prompting advocates to push for and win Democratic control of the chamber this year. Incoming House Speaker Mark Ferrandino, who is openly gay, expects to see the measure signed into law by Governor John Hickenlooper. Then, advocates can begin work on overturning the constitutional ban on same-sex marriage passed by voters in 2006.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 9 Ugly Faces of HIV Stigma
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?