WATCH: Busy Philipps Joins Americans for Marriage Equality
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 29 2012 7:03 PM ET
Cougar Town star and Dawson's Creek alum Busy Philipps signed on to the Human Rights Campaign's Americans for Marriage Equality public engagement campaign in a new video released today.
"My husband and I are raising our daughter, Birdie, to live by the Golden Rule to treat others the way you wish to be treated," says Philipps in the brief video. "And I feel like, as Americans, we should apply that to all aspects of life, including marriage."
Philipps goes on to point out that gay and lesbian couples only want the same rights already enjoyed by straight couples, before asking viewers to join her and a majority of Americans around the country in coming out for marriage equality.
"Like most Americans, Busy Philipps knows that committed and loving gay and lesbian couples deserve equal treatment under the law," said HRC president Chad Griffin in a statement. "Busy has been an incredible advocate for equality over the years, and we’re thrilled to have her join this campaign."
Watch the video below.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV