Italian Premier Cagey on Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 8:04 PM ET
Marriage equality is the domain of the parliament, Italian premier Mario Monti told a television network on Sunday.
Monti tread carefully on the issue during his interview, passing the ball to the parliament. Monti is under considerable pressure, as Italy's leadership works closely with the antigay Vatican.
Monti is seeking reelection and didn't dare share his personal feelings on same-sex marriage. Read more here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love