Italian Premier Cagey on Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 8:04 PM ET
Marriage equality is the domain of the parliament, Italian premier Mario Monti told a television network on Sunday.
Monti tread carefully on the issue during his interview, passing the ball to the parliament. Monti is under considerable pressure, as Italy's leadership works closely with the antigay Vatican.
Monti is seeking reelection and didn't dare share his personal feelings on same-sex marriage. Read more here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism