Italian Premier Cagey on Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 8:04 PM ET
Marriage equality is the domain of the parliament, Italian premier Mario Monti told a television network on Sunday.
Monti tread carefully on the issue during his interview, passing the ball to the parliament. Monti is under considerable pressure, as Italy's leadership works closely with the antigay Vatican.
Monti is seeking reelection and didn't dare share his personal feelings on same-sex marriage. Read more here.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- PHOTOS: Are You Ready for the World's First Gay Mormon Superhero?