Italian Premier Cagey on Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 7:04 PM ET
Marriage equality is the domain of the parliament, Italian premier Mario Monti told a television network on Sunday.
Monti tread carefully on the issue during his interview, passing the ball to the parliament. Monti is under considerable pressure, as Italy's leadership works closely with the antigay Vatican.
Monti is seeking reelection and didn't dare share his personal feelings on same-sex marriage. Read more here.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM