Italian Premier Cagey on Marriage Equality
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 8:04 PM ET
Marriage equality is the domain of the parliament, Italian premier Mario Monti told a television network on Sunday.
Monti tread carefully on the issue during his interview, passing the ball to the parliament. Monti is under considerable pressure, as Italy's leadership works closely with the antigay Vatican.
Monti is seeking reelection and didn't dare share his personal feelings on same-sex marriage. Read more here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- WATCH: Michael Sam Should 'Gay It Up,' Says Daily Show
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About