WATCH: Scott Walker Doesn't Want to Talk About Marriage Equality
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 17 2013 6:06 PM ET
Republican governor Scott Walker weighed in on the apparent party-wide conversation about marriage equality after Ohio Sen. Rob Portman announced Friday that he has a gay son and therefore now supports same-sex marriage.
In a roundtable discussion on Sunday's episode of NBC's Meet The Press, the conservative governor said he believes the divide within the party on marriage-equality is a generational issue that doesn't animate his constituents, then deftly tried to change the subject.
"Are younger conservatives more apt to see marriage equality as something that is...what they believe, that is basic rather than as a disqualifying issue?" Gregory asked Waker.
"I think there's no doubt about that," replied the governor. "But I think that's all the more reason, when I talk about things, I talk about the economic and fiscal crises in our state and country, that's what people want to resonate about."
Watch the roundtable discussion below.
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Russia's High Court Declares 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Constitutional
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 57 min 28 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 1 hour 16 min ago
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 1 hour 46 min ago
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 1 hour 51 min ago
- Transgender How the Pacific Justice Institute Plans to Keep Demonizing Trans Kids 2 hours 2 min ago
- World News Russia's High Court: 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Is Constitutional 2 hours 11 min ago
- Entertainment News GBF's Michael J Willett Stripped Down to Cover of Natasha Bedingfield 2 hours 14 min ago