PHOTOS: Edie Windsor's Hero's Welcome at Supreme Court
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 2:13 PM ET
First, Windsor spoke with reporters, but before too long she asked to be excused. "There are a lot of people over there who came to see me," she explained, "and I just want to go see them."
Then she joined the crowd, waving and blowing kisses, as loud cheers broke out and chants of "Edie! Edie!"
On the following pages, see photos of the moment.
- Op-ed: Why LGBT People Around the World Need Israel
- #TBT: WWII and the Buddy System
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Showtime to Air Kidnapped for Christ, Exposé of Antigay Reform School
- How Major Crimes' Actor and Gay Showrunner Created One of Best Gay Characters on TV
- Op-ed: 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Isn't Dead Yet