PHOTOS: Edie Windsor's Hero's Welcome at Supreme Court
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 1:13 PM ET
First, Windsor spoke with reporters, but before too long she asked to be excused. "There are a lot of people over there who came to see me," she explained, "and I just want to go see them."
Then she joined the crowd, waving and blowing kisses, as loud cheers broke out and chants of "Edie! Edie!"
On the following pages, see photos of the moment.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 22 min 37 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 38 min 30 sec ago
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM