Just 4 Senate Democrats Don't Support Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
April 06 2013 10:00 AM ET
Sen. Mary Landrieu, Louisiana
The latest answer from Landrieu, given to CNN on Friday, sends a conflicting message about where she stands. But it's clear if given a chance to vote on marriage equality, she'd be a no. "My state has a very strong constitutional amendment not only against gay marriage but against gay partnerships. So I'm looking at the people of Louisiana trying to represent their interests," she told CNN, saying that her personal view is that "people should love who they love and marry who they want to marry." That's essentially the same answer she gave last month to the local Times Picayune. And it could remain the answer she gives while campaigning for reelection in 2014.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- 14 Sexy Gifts for Your Slutty Friends
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'