Just 4 Senate Democrats Don't Support Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
April 06 2013 11:00 AM ET
Sen. Joe Manchin, West Virginia
Manchin is best remembered as the senator who shot a gun in a campaign ad to show voters how different he is from your typical Democrat. `And he made clear this week that no matter what everyone else does, he's not changing his mind on marriage equality. "I believe that a marriage is a union between one man and one woman," Manchin said in a statement to Talking Points Memo on Tuesday. "My beliefs are guided by my faith, and I support the Defense of Marriage Act." Manchin has a full term ahead of him, having just been reelected in 2012.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School