Just 4 Senate Democrats Don't Support Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
April 06 2013 11:00 AM ET
Sen. Joe Manchin, West Virginia
Manchin is best remembered as the senator who shot a gun in a campaign ad to show voters how different he is from your typical Democrat. `And he made clear this week that no matter what everyone else does, he's not changing his mind on marriage equality. "I believe that a marriage is a union between one man and one woman," Manchin said in a statement to Talking Points Memo on Tuesday. "My beliefs are guided by my faith, and I support the Defense of Marriage Act." Manchin has a full term ahead of him, having just been reelected in 2012.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room