Just 4 Senate Democrats Don't Support Marriage Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
April 06 2013 11:00 AM ET
Sen. Tim Johnson, South Dakota
Johnson announced in late March that he's retiring from the Senate in 2014. In theory, that might give a politician freedom to take a position at odds with South Dakota's conservative voters. But, on the same day, Johnson's office reiterated his opposition to marriage equality to the Huffington Post. "He has not changed his position on marriage equality," a spokesman said.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.