Happiness and Hate as All Hell Breaks Loose in France
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 24 2013 9:43 AM ET
Security staffers at the French National Assembly had to remove an anti-same-sex marriage activist who tried to display a banner from the public galleries during the debate on the same-sex marriage bill at the Assembly chamber in Paris. After legislators voted for marriage equality, protests swelled and violent clashes broke out between demonstrators and riot police. France 24 reports that protesters were throwing glass bottles and metal bars at police, who responded to the melee with tear gas.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment