Happiness and Hate as All Hell Breaks Loose in France
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 24 2013 10:43 AM ET
A couple kisses on in front of the City Hall in the western French city of Nantes, sporting a sticker that reads "I Love Progress." There were also about 600 opponents of marriage equality who protested in the city. Opponents of the new law vowed to fight on, quickly filing a constitutional challenge and promising more demonstrations to pressure President Francois Hollande into backing down from signing the bill.
- Why Are We Gay?
- Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme
- WATCH: Protesters Tell Antigay Kentucky Clerk 'Do Your Job!' in Showdown With Her Supporters
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward