Happiness and Hate as All Hell Breaks Loose in France
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 24 2013 10:43 AM ET
A couple kisses on in front of the City Hall in the western French city of Nantes, sporting a sticker that reads "I Love Progress." There were also about 600 opponents of marriage equality who protested in the city. Opponents of the new law vowed to fight on, quickly filing a constitutional challenge and promising more demonstrations to pressure President Francois Hollande into backing down from signing the bill.
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Diversity and the Dark Knight
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- #27BiStories: When Did You Come Out? What Was the Response Like?
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again