Gallup: Support for Same-Sex Marriage Not Faltering
BY Neal Broverman
May 13 2013 5:26 PM ET
For the third consecutive time, a public opinion poll by Gallup found support for same-sex marriage over the 50% threshold.
The latest study, conducted in the first week of May, found that 53% of 1,535 respondents believe same-sex marriage should be legal nationwide, with 45% stating the opposite. Those numbers tied Gallup's poll in May 2011, while a poll in November 2012 found 50% supported marriage equality and 48% reported opposition. The question asked of respondents was, "Do you think marriages between same-sex couples should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?"
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View