PHOTOS: Minnesota Parties Hearty
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2013 11:09 AM ET
On Tuesday, Minnesota became the 12th state to legalize same-sex marriage. After Gov. Mark Dayton signed the bill on the state capitol steps, the party in St. Paul started almost immediately, even though the law doesn't take effect until August.
Watch the video below and click through for some images from Minnesota.CBSLocal.com.
The jubilant crowd gathered on the capitol lawn to watch the signing ceremony.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law