PHOTOS: Minnesota Parties Hearty
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2013 11:09 AM ET
On Tuesday, Minnesota became the 12th state to legalize same-sex marriage. After Gov. Mark Dayton signed the bill on the state capitol steps, the party in St. Paul started almost immediately, even though the law doesn't take effect until August.
Watch the video below and click through for some images from Minnesota.CBSLocal.com.
The jubilant crowd gathered on the capitol lawn to watch the signing ceremony.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'