PHOTOS: Minnesota Parties Hearty
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2013 11:09 AM ET
On Tuesday, Minnesota became the 12th state to legalize same-sex marriage. After Gov. Mark Dayton signed the bill on the state capitol steps, the party in St. Paul started almost immediately, even though the law doesn't take effect until August.
Watch the video below and click through for some images from Minnesota.CBSLocal.com.
The jubilant crowd gathered on the capitol lawn to watch the signing ceremony.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever