Who's Next? The Marriage Equality Waiting Room
BY Michelle Garcia
June 05 2013 2:41 PM ET
14. Colorado, 14.817
California has only had a slight edge over Colorado, another Western state that mixes rural and suburban conservatism with urban progressiveness. The effort to establish civil unions in Colorado proved to be a lengthy but worthy test run for the next level of recognition for same-sex couples.
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao Denies Making Antigay Remarks
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over