Who's Next? The Marriage Equality Waiting Room
BY Michelle Garcia
June 05 2013 1:41 PM ET
14. Colorado, 14.817
California has only had a slight edge over Colorado, another Western state that mixes rural and suburban conservatism with urban progressiveness. The effort to establish civil unions in Colorado proved to be a lengthy but worthy test run for the next level of recognition for same-sex couples.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates