Who's Next? The Marriage Equality Waiting Room
BY Michelle Garcia
June 05 2013 2:41 PM ET
14. Colorado, 14.817
California has only had a slight edge over Colorado, another Western state that mixes rural and suburban conservatism with urban progressiveness. The effort to establish civil unions in Colorado proved to be a lengthy but worthy test run for the next level of recognition for same-sex couples.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?