Who's Next? The Marriage Equality Waiting Room
BY Michelle Garcia
June 05 2013 2:41 PM ET
Likely/The Wild Cards
19. Illinois, 0.671
The only thing holding Illinois back is its House of Representatives. The state Senate approved marriage equality legislation on Valentine's Day, and Gov. Pat Quinn has said he would sign the law if it reached his desk, but the House failed to vote on the bill before the end of the General Assembly's regular session on May 31. But still it may come up in a special session or the "veto session" later this year. Recent polls show at least half of Illinoisans supporting marriage equality.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers