Who's Next? The Marriage Equality Waiting Room
BY Michelle Garcia
June 05 2013 1:41 PM ET
21. Pennsylvania, -6.33
State representative Daryl Metcalfe proposed a constitutional amendment in early May that would bar same-sex couples from marrying. But according to out state representative Brian Sims's office, the proposal has only 27 cosponsors; the last time it was introduced, there were 40 cosponsors.
"There is perhaps no better indication of how effectively we are moving forward on the advancement of LGBT civil rights in this state than Representative Metcalfe’s bill," Sims said in a statement shortly after Metcalfe's bill was introduced. "He has been trying to codify his personal religious beliefs surrounding LGBT Pennsylvanians since becoming a representative and each session, he receives less and less support. This year, his support has hit an all-time record low and at this rate, in the 2015 session he may be introducing this bill by himself. Ultimately, what matters here is that common sense, decency and compassion are winning the day against cruel attempts to harm Pennsylvania’s families."
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 24 min 53 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 38 min 47 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 54 min 50 sec ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 1 hour 6 min ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 23 min ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 2 hours 22 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 2 hours 29 min ago