PHOTOS: Bartha, Bass, and More at Lambda Legal's West Coast Liberty Awards
BY Daniel Reynolds
June 18 2013 7:00 AM ET
Last week, Lambda Legal hosted its West Coast Liberty Awards, an event honoring those who have made significant contributions toward the advancement of the organization’s vision of equality. Hosted by ’N Sync alumnus Lance Bass, the occasion honored actor Justin Bartha for his portrayal of a gay dad and husband in NBC’s The New Normal as well as NFL player Brendon Ayanbadejo for his outspoken support and advocacy of the LGBT community.
Celebrating the organization’s 40th anniversary, the ceremony was particularly momentous, as it occurred on the eve of a Supreme Court decision that could determine the fate of same-sex marriage in California and the nation. To mark the occasion, The Advocate spoke with many of the public figures in attendance, including Greg Louganis, Liz & Dick’s Grant Bowler, Scandal’s Dan Bucatinsky, True Blood’s Janina Gavankar, and more, who shared stories and insights into the public — and personal — fight for equality.
- Commentary Op-Ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth 1 hour 45 min ago
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 2 hours 45 min ago
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates 2 hours 53 min ago
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM