Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Watch Three Must-See Marriage Equality Debates
BY Sunnivie Brydum
July 01 2013 1:43 PM ET
CBS opted to host winning Prop. 8 attorney Ted Olson, a former Republican solicitor general for Ronald Reagan, opposite Tony Perkins, president of the antigay hate group Family Research Council. On Face the Nation Sunday, Olson definitively stated that last week's judicial vicotories "signal equality" for LGBT citizens. Of course, Perkins wasn't having any of it. Perkins claimed that the Supreme Court "carjacked the nation" by ruling that legally married gay and lesbian citizens deserve the same rights as their heterosexual counterparts.
Watch Olson's statements below.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- POLL: Even Republicans Say Marriage Equality Hasn't Affected Them