Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Watch Three Must-See Marriage Equality Debates
BY Sunnivie Brydum
July 01 2013 1:43 PM ET
CBS opted to host winning Prop. 8 attorney Ted Olson, a former Republican solicitor general for Ronald Reagan, opposite Tony Perkins, president of the antigay hate group Family Research Council. On Face the Nation Sunday, Olson definitively stated that last week's judicial vicotories "signal equality" for LGBT citizens. Of course, Perkins wasn't having any of it. Perkins claimed that the Supreme Court "carjacked the nation" by ruling that legally married gay and lesbian citizens deserve the same rights as their heterosexual counterparts.
Watch Olson's statements below.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel