WATCH: Kids React to Same-Sex Marriage Proposals
BY Jase Peeples
November 04 2013 1:24 PM ET
More than a dozen young people between the ages of 5 and 13 were shown two videos of same-sex marriage proposals and had their reactions recorded for a new episode of the YouTube series Kids React.
“The opinions of the children about these issues can give incredibly valuable insight into where our society currently stands and where we are headed as people,” filmmakers Benny and Rafi Fine state at the beginning of the episode. “It’s important to discuss these topics openly in hopes of a better tomorrow through dialogue and conversation.”
From shock and confusion to applause for the proposals and irritation over the lack of equal marriage rights, the on-camera reactions of the 13 kids offer a revealing look at attitudes toward LGBT equality among youth and a glimpse at the changing attitudes towards same-sex marriage.
Watch the segment below.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 30 min 6 sec ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 35 min 46 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 1 hour 36 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 50 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 2 hours 11 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM