WATCH: Kids React to Same-Sex Marriage Proposals
BY Jase Peeples
November 04 2013 1:24 PM ET
More than a dozen young people between the ages of 5 and 13 were shown two videos of same-sex marriage proposals and had their reactions recorded for a new episode of the YouTube series Kids React.
“The opinions of the children about these issues can give incredibly valuable insight into where our society currently stands and where we are headed as people,” filmmakers Benny and Rafi Fine state at the beginning of the episode. “It’s important to discuss these topics openly in hopes of a better tomorrow through dialogue and conversation.”
From shock and confusion to applause for the proposals and irritation over the lack of equal marriage rights, the on-camera reactions of the 13 kids offer a revealing look at attitudes toward LGBT equality among youth and a glimpse at the changing attitudes towards same-sex marriage.
Watch the segment below.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Priest Dismissed by Catholic College Comes Out as Gay