Rock Star Melissa Etheridge Marries Nurse Jackie Creator Linda Wallem
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
June 01 2014 1:06 PM ET
The third time is the charm: rock star Melissa Etheridge, who has been defined by two very high profile previous relationships, has married again. According to Pink News, the Oscar and Grammy-award winning musician married her girlfriend, Linda Wallem San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, Calif., on May 31. The guest list included fellow LGBT rights activist Rosie O’Donnell, musician Sia, and comedians Whitney Cummings and Chelsea Handler.
The wedding came just two days after both women turned 53 and four years after they began dating.
Wallem is the creator and former showrunner of Nurse Jackie and former executive producer of That '70s Show. (An actress, writer, and producer, Wallem can be seen on screen as early as 1993, when she gave Meg Ryan coffee in Sleepless in Seattle.)
In the 1990s, Etheridge was in a longtime relationship with fillmaker Julie Cypher (former Advocate editor Judy Wieder interviewed them in Amsterdam for the 1994 article called "The Great Dyke Hope") and had two kids with her: Bailey Jean (now 17) and Beckett (now 14). After their 2000 breakup, Etheridge married actress Tammy Lynn Michaels and in 2006, Michaels gave birth to Johnnie Rose and Miller Steven (now both 8). The couple split up in 2010.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar