The Right Way to Capture Love
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2013 4:00 AM ET
Photographer Thea Dodds and wedding industry veteran Kathryn Hamm have both realized that same-sex weddings just cannot be captured and documented the same way as hetero couples.
"Simply put, what works for a straight couple won’t always work for a gay or lesbian couple," Dodds says. "Weddings are changing, and photography education needs to change too."
So the duo collaborated with 38 other photographers to publish Capturing Love: The Art of Lesbian & Gay Wedding Photography, highlighting the love between 46 same-sex couples from across the country. The book serves as a guide compelling photographers to look how the faces of love and weddings are changing for the 21st century.
On the following pages are examples from the book, available today, and through digital download in March.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! December 12 2013 4:20 PM