The Right Way to Capture Love
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2013 5:00 AM ET
Photographer Thea Dodds and wedding industry veteran Kathryn Hamm have both realized that same-sex weddings just cannot be captured and documented the same way as hetero couples.
"Simply put, what works for a straight couple won’t always work for a gay or lesbian couple," Dodds says. "Weddings are changing, and photography education needs to change too."
So the duo collaborated with 38 other photographers to publish Capturing Love: The Art of Lesbian & Gay Wedding Photography, highlighting the love between 46 same-sex couples from across the country. The book serves as a guide compelling photographers to look how the faces of love and weddings are changing for the 21st century.
On the following pages are examples from the book, available today, and through digital download in March.
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Op-ed: Those Real Housewives Are Not Examples of How to Be Rich
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM