The Right Way to Capture Love
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2013 5:00 AM ET
Photographer Thea Dodds and wedding industry veteran Kathryn Hamm have both realized that same-sex weddings just cannot be captured and documented the same way as hetero couples.
"Simply put, what works for a straight couple won’t always work for a gay or lesbian couple," Dodds says. "Weddings are changing, and photography education needs to change too."
So the duo collaborated with 38 other photographers to publish Capturing Love: The Art of Lesbian & Gay Wedding Photography, highlighting the love between 46 same-sex couples from across the country. The book serves as a guide compelling photographers to look how the faces of love and weddings are changing for the 21st century.
On the following pages are examples from the book, available today, and through digital download in March.
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- 18 Camp Classic Musicals That Make Us Sing