WATCH: Two Men Marry in Traditional African Ceremony
BY Neal Broverman
April 08 2013 7:06 PM ET
Two 27-year-old South African men recently married in a ceremony that brought together the Zulu and Tswana traditions.
Wearing historical garb and dancing and singing in traditional African styles, Tshepo Cameron Modisane and Thoba Calvin Sithol were married in the town of KwaDukuza in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa in front of 200 people. The grooms intend to have children through a surrogate. Listen to them talk about their relationship below.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers