PHOTOS: France Celebrates The Country's First Same-Sex Marriage
BY Jase Peeples
May 30 2013 11:00 AM ET
With the battle for marriage equality now over in France, Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau have become the country’s first same-sex couple to officially tie the knot. The wedding, which was broadcast live on French television, took place Wednesday in the southern city of Montpellier’s town hall. Hundreds of guests were in attendance, including members of Parliament, over 200 journalists, and Mayor Helene Mandroux, who also conducted the ceremony.
Take a look at the following photos from the historic ceremony.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs