PHOTOS: France Celebrates The Country's First Same-Sex Marriage
BY Jase Peeples
May 30 2013 11:00 AM ET
With the battle for marriage equality now over in France, Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau have become the country’s first same-sex couple to officially tie the knot. The wedding, which was broadcast live on French television, took place Wednesday in the southern city of Montpellier’s town hall. Hundreds of guests were in attendance, including members of Parliament, over 200 journalists, and Mayor Helene Mandroux, who also conducted the ceremony.
Take a look at the following photos from the historic ceremony.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility