PHOTOS: France Celebrates The Country's First Same-Sex Marriage
BY Jase Peeples
May 30 2013 11:00 AM ET
With the battle for marriage equality now over in France, Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau have become the country’s first same-sex couple to officially tie the knot. The wedding, which was broadcast live on French television, took place Wednesday in the southern city of Montpellier’s town hall. Hundreds of guests were in attendance, including members of Parliament, over 200 journalists, and Mayor Helene Mandroux, who also conducted the ceremony.
Take a look at the following photos from the historic ceremony.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet