PHOTOS: France Celebrates The Country's First Same-Sex Marriage
BY Jase Peeples
May 30 2013 11:00 AM ET
With the battle for marriage equality now over in France, Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau have become the country’s first same-sex couple to officially tie the knot. The wedding, which was broadcast live on French television, took place Wednesday in the southern city of Montpellier’s town hall. Hundreds of guests were in attendance, including members of Parliament, over 200 journalists, and Mayor Helene Mandroux, who also conducted the ceremony.
Take a look at the following photos from the historic ceremony.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend