Viral Same-Sex Marriage Proposal Inspires Apology From Former Bully
BY Jase Peeples
February 04 2014 4:59 PM ET
West Hollywood couple Lucas and David moved thousands of people last week when they shared a heartwarming video of their marriage proposal online — including a former high school bully, reports The Gaily Grind.
After seeing the video, the former bully, identified as B, sent Lucas a Facebook message congratulating him on his engagement and apologizing for the way he mistreated Lucas in the past.
Lucas responded letting B know “all is forgiven, and it’s clear… you’re a pretty kickass guy now.”
With B’s permission, Lucas shared their exchange on his Facebook wall, underscoring the inspiring message of his engagement video and providing a wonderful example of people's evolving attitudes on equality.
Read the full exchange between Lucas and B below.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- WATCH: Explaining U.K.-Scotland Relationship as Gay Romantic Comedy
- Never Say This to Gay Parents