NYT 's Big Gay Celebration
BY Charles Kaiser
June 02 2009 12:00 AM ET
The night before their wedding, Van Capelle and Morningstar asked 50 of their guests to come to the Gay Men's Health Crisis to serve food and make safe-sex kits. "It was one of the best parts of the entire weekend," Van Capelle remembers. "Because there at the table were a priest and a nun. And suddenly our 7-year old niece starts jumping up and down saying, "I ran out of the blue ones!'"
"And the nun says, 'Don't worry, dear -- use the purple ones. They're lubricated, but they do the same thing!'"
"Those are the moments I'll remember," says Van Capelle.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word