BY Hugh Ryan
October 14 2009 11:35 AM ET
Name: Master Avery
How would you describe what you do? I do domination, so I tie people up, restrain people, tease them sensually and with pain and different kinds of sensation, I use sex toys on them. It’s erotic or nonerotic, although it’s mostly erotic.
How did you get started? I ran away from home when I was 16, and I met this stripper lady who took me in for a couple of months. She said if I wanted to make real money I should strip for men, because women wouldn’t hire me -- I was too skinny. Six years after that I finally decided to give it a shot. I went to the local gay club and asked them if they had dancers. Ten minutes later I was up onstage with a G-string on. They taught me how to put a rubber band around my dick and make it look bigger. I loved it.
What’s the worst part of your job? Not knowing what I will do to make money when I’m 45. At 45 you retire from this business. I saw a guy at 60 advertising in Seattle, so you can still work, but his rates aren’t as high as my rates.
Are you out about being a sex worker? Yeah. It’s challenging because I turn a lot of people off. I’ve lost a lot of old friends. But I’d rather have more honest relationships with the people that I do end up keeping close to me. So I just tell everybody. It’s really hard to seduce people when I divulge this kind of information. I know it’s easier if I lie or keep things secret, but I’m an idealist and I just put it all out there.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 23 min 20 sec ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 29 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 1 hour 29 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 44 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 2 hours 4 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM