BY Hugh Ryan
October 14 2009 11:35 AM ET
Name: Master Avery
How would you describe what you do? I do domination, so I tie people up, restrain people, tease them sensually and with pain and different kinds of sensation, I use sex toys on them. It’s erotic or nonerotic, although it’s mostly erotic.
How did you get started? I ran away from home when I was 16, and I met this stripper lady who took me in for a couple of months. She said if I wanted to make real money I should strip for men, because women wouldn’t hire me -- I was too skinny. Six years after that I finally decided to give it a shot. I went to the local gay club and asked them if they had dancers. Ten minutes later I was up onstage with a G-string on. They taught me how to put a rubber band around my dick and make it look bigger. I loved it.
What’s the worst part of your job? Not knowing what I will do to make money when I’m 45. At 45 you retire from this business. I saw a guy at 60 advertising in Seattle, so you can still work, but his rates aren’t as high as my rates.
Are you out about being a sex worker? Yeah. It’s challenging because I turn a lot of people off. I’ve lost a lot of old friends. But I’d rather have more honest relationships with the people that I do end up keeping close to me. So I just tell everybody. It’s really hard to seduce people when I divulge this kind of information. I know it’s easier if I lie or keep things secret, but I’m an idealist and I just put it all out there.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad