BY Hugh Ryan
October 14 2009 10:35 AM ET
Name: Master Avery
How would you describe what you do? I do domination, so I tie people up, restrain people, tease them sensually and with pain and different kinds of sensation, I use sex toys on them. It’s erotic or nonerotic, although it’s mostly erotic.
How did you get started? I ran away from home when I was 16, and I met this stripper lady who took me in for a couple of months. She said if I wanted to make real money I should strip for men, because women wouldn’t hire me -- I was too skinny. Six years after that I finally decided to give it a shot. I went to the local gay club and asked them if they had dancers. Ten minutes later I was up onstage with a G-string on. They taught me how to put a rubber band around my dick and make it look bigger. I loved it.
What’s the worst part of your job? Not knowing what I will do to make money when I’m 45. At 45 you retire from this business. I saw a guy at 60 advertising in Seattle, so you can still work, but his rates aren’t as high as my rates.
Are you out about being a sex worker? Yeah. It’s challenging because I turn a lot of people off. I’ve lost a lot of old friends. But I’d rather have more honest relationships with the people that I do end up keeping close to me. So I just tell everybody. It’s really hard to seduce people when I divulge this kind of information. I know it’s easier if I lie or keep things secret, but I’m an idealist and I just put it all out there.
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 1 hour 2 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 2 hours 1 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 2 hours 1 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 2 hours 32 min ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM