BY Hugh Ryan
October 14 2009 11:35 AM ET
How do you handle clients who want something you don’t want to do? I’m very clear about what my limits and boundaries are before we make the appointment. When we confirm it I reinforce those boundaries. I don’t generally have much of a problem with clients who want to push those boundaries, but when I do I’m pretty good at diffusing the situation and steering the encounter to a place I’m cool with.
Would you say you have a diverse client base? Most of my clients are men in their 50s and up who have a lot of money, and mostly white. I see a lot of repeat clients.
Do you get to know the clients? It depends on the client how much we actually talk. Some have absolutely no interest in having a conversation with you, and others want to spend maybe half the appointment having a conversation.
How much do you generally charge? My starting point is $200/hour. It goes up from there depending on levels of kink and what you want. So things like straight-up vanilla sex, that’s $200/hour. If you want me to do something like tie you up and flog you, that’s going to be $250.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet