When Rolling Stone Rocked Culture
BY Neal Broverman
June 24 2010 4:20 PM ET
Arguably the world's most famous photographer, lesbian Annie Leibovitz got her start at the fledgling magazine in the early 1970s, snapping bands like the Rolling Stones. Leibovitz photographed Yoko Ono and John Lennon for the magazine in December 1980 — five hours before the former Beatle was shot to death in front of his New York apartment.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman