When Rolling Stone Rocked Culture
BY Neal Broverman
June 24 2010 4:20 PM ET
Arguably the world's most famous photographer, lesbian Annie Leibovitz got her start at the fledgling magazine in the early 1970s, snapping bands like the Rolling Stones. Leibovitz photographed Yoko Ono and John Lennon for the magazine in December 1980 — five hours before the former Beatle was shot to death in front of his New York apartment.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer