When Rolling Stone Rocked Culture
BY Neal Broverman
June 24 2010 4:20 PM ET
Arguably the world's most famous photographer, lesbian Annie Leibovitz got her start at the fledgling magazine in the early 1970s, snapping bands like the Rolling Stones. Leibovitz photographed Yoko Ono and John Lennon for the magazine in December 1980 — five hours before the former Beatle was shot to death in front of his New York apartment.
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- In The Studio: Artists and Nude Models
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Are These the Most Antigay Governors in America?
- PHOTOS: U.S. Marine Now in Filipino Custody After Protests Over Trans Woman's Murder