When Rolling Stone Rocked Culture
BY Neal Broverman
June 24 2010 4:20 PM ET
Arguably the world's most famous photographer, lesbian Annie Leibovitz got her start at the fledgling magazine in the early 1970s, snapping bands like the Rolling Stones. Leibovitz photographed Yoko Ono and John Lennon for the magazine in December 1980 — five hours before the former Beatle was shot to death in front of his New York apartment.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses