When Rolling Stone Rocked Culture
BY Neal Broverman
June 24 2010 4:20 PM ET
Hard-living writer Hunter S. Thompson honed his style of gonzo journalism, which threw the writer into the story, at Rolling Stone. His memoir of a drug-soaked writing assignment in Sin City, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, was first serialized in Wenner's publication.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- In The Studio: Artists and Nude Models
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Are These the Most Antigay Governors in America?
- PHOTOS: U.S. Marine Now in Filipino Custody After Protests Over Trans Woman's Murder