Ohio DJ Says Man's Gay Daughter Should Be Raped
BY Neal Broverman
April 27 2012 7:00 PM ET
The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation is on the offensive after a Cleveland morning DJ made a horrifying comment that suggested a man allow his gay daughter to be raped.
The comment was made by Dominic Dieter, a DJ at Cleveland rock station WMMS. Speaking during the Rover's Morning Glory show, Dieter was discussing a man who wrote the radio station about his gay daughter.
"You should get one of your friends to screw your daughter straight," Dieter said, according to viewers.
GLAAD wants Dieter suspended. Aaron McQuade, GLAAD's director of news and field media, released the following statement: "It was appalling and dangerous for this show to tell a father that he should have one of his friends rape his daughter. That's essentially how Dieter responded to this listener, and this is no laughing matter in a world where people are too often the victims of violence and sexual assault based on their actual or perceived sexual orientation. And Dieter gave this vile advice to everyone who was listening, including educators, parents and children — sending the message that it's okay to physically or sexually abuse people who are perceived to be gay."
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- Op-ed: How Not to React When an LGBT Teacher Is Fired
- WATCH: Gay of Thrones Episode 2: Joffrey's Quinceañera
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Finnish Postal Service Will Release Tom of Finland Stamps