Jake Shears Weighs In on Banks's F Word Use
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 7:17 PM ET
It doesn't look like people will soon forget rapper Azealia Banks's use of a gay slur on Twitter, including Jake Shears of the Scissor Sisters, who chastised the rapper for using such language.
Shears, who once collaborated with Banks, tweeted yesterday, saying he was not placated by Banks's half-apologies for calling blogger Perez Hilton a gay slur. "Oh yeah. 'Faggot.' Totally cool. Give me a fucking break," Shears wrote. In a separate tweet: "It's all about context. And right now, I'm sorry, but context is not on your side." Finally: "Donna Summer was ostracized for a decade from words she used about her gay fans. Too bad she didn't have twitter to recant them immediately."
It doesn't appear Banks responded, though Shears didn't tweet her directly. Read more here.
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 24 min 4 sec ago
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 30 min 51 sec ago
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM