Rush Limbaugh Compares Marriage Lobby to Pedophilia Lobby
BY Michelle Garcia
January 08 2013 7:50 PM ET
Radio personality Rush Limbaugh alerted his listeners Monday that there is a movement to "normalize pedophilia" just like the movement for marriage equality.
"There is a movement on to normalize pedophilia, and I guarantee you your reaction to that is probably much the same as your reaction when you first heard about gay marriage," he said. "What has happened to gay marriage? It’s become normal — and in fact, with certain people in certain demographics it’s the most important issue in terms of who they vote for."
Limbaugh was referring to an article in London's Guardian newspaper about a British television host who reportedly molested hundreds of young people, according to Politico. The article also brought up the growing argument that pedophilia should be classified as a type of sexual orientation.
The interim executive director of the Log Cabin Republicans, Gregory T. Angelo, said the comparison was "ridiculous." He added, "Rushbo, you're better than that. There is absolutely no connection between gay marriage and pedophilia, and to insinuate that there is any connection is insulting to loving, committed, adult couples who want nothing more than to live their lives in dignity with the rights and protections afforded to their straight counterparts."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend