Rush Limbaugh Compares Marriage Lobby to Pedophilia Lobby
BY Michelle Garcia
January 08 2013 7:50 PM ET
Radio personality Rush Limbaugh alerted his listeners Monday that there is a movement to "normalize pedophilia" just like the movement for marriage equality.
"There is a movement on to normalize pedophilia, and I guarantee you your reaction to that is probably much the same as your reaction when you first heard about gay marriage," he said. "What has happened to gay marriage? It’s become normal — and in fact, with certain people in certain demographics it’s the most important issue in terms of who they vote for."
Limbaugh was referring to an article in London's Guardian newspaper about a British television host who reportedly molested hundreds of young people, according to Politico. The article also brought up the growing argument that pedophilia should be classified as a type of sexual orientation.
The interim executive director of the Log Cabin Republicans, Gregory T. Angelo, said the comparison was "ridiculous." He added, "Rushbo, you're better than that. There is absolutely no connection between gay marriage and pedophilia, and to insinuate that there is any connection is insulting to loving, committed, adult couples who want nothing more than to live their lives in dignity with the rights and protections afforded to their straight counterparts."
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Hot Sheet: Too Much Is Never Enough
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 1 hour 4 min ago
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 1 hour 40 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM