Outsports Acquired By Mainstream Sports News Company SB Nation
BY Michelle Garcia
March 05 2013 6:12 AM ET
The editors of Outsports announced that their website has been acquired by SB Nation, one of the preeminent mainstream sports websites.
Outsports editors Jim Buzinzki and Cyd Zeigler announced their website's acquisition by SB Nation, which will work in tandem with the parent company Vox Media's 311 fan-focused and team oriented properties. The site now sports a new, more streamlined look and a new logo that shows an athlete coming out of a locker.
"We think this might be the first time a mainstream media company has purchased a gay-oriented website," the editors wrote in an announcement Monday. They added, "Since launched in late 1999, our readers have been our No. 1 asset, engaging us, praising us, criticizing us, but never ignoring us. This passion the Outsports audience has was a major selling point for Vox."
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 24 min 6 sec ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM