Outsports Acquired By Mainstream Sports News Company SB Nation
BY Michelle Garcia
March 05 2013 6:12 AM ET
The editors of Outsports announced that their website has been acquired by SB Nation, one of the preeminent mainstream sports websites.
Outsports editors Jim Buzinzki and Cyd Zeigler announced their website's acquisition by SB Nation, which will work in tandem with the parent company Vox Media's 311 fan-focused and team oriented properties. The site now sports a new, more streamlined look and a new logo that shows an athlete coming out of a locker.
"We think this might be the first time a mainstream media company has purchased a gay-oriented website," the editors wrote in an announcement Monday. They added, "Since launched in late 1999, our readers have been our No. 1 asset, engaging us, praising us, criticizing us, but never ignoring us. This passion the Outsports audience has was a major selling point for Vox."
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 45 min 42 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 1 hour 9 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 2 hours 30 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 2 hours 48 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 2 hours 55 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 5:33 PM