Fox News Asks Whether Marriage Equality Was Overplayed on TV
BY Lucas Grindley
April 04 2013 12:09 PM ET
Media Matters is challenging Fox News' Jon Scott, who echoed a TV news critic's question about whether coverage of marriage equality before the Supreme Court was "disproportionate" to the size of the LGBT population.
Scott seemed sympathetic to the argument put forward immediately following two days of hearings before the high court by Mediaite's TV news critic, Joe Concha. Concha had pointed out studies that put the number of LGBT people at between 3% and 4%.
But to counter Scott's suggestion that the media ignored more weighty issues in favor of covering the landmark cases before the Supreme Court, Media Matters assembled a montage of what Scott actually covered on his show, Happening Now, during that week.
Watch the video below.
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- WATCH: Ben Carson Gets the Constitution Wrong Again
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series