WATCH: Bryan Fischer Loves Gays But Is 'Tired of Being Bullied' by Them
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 17 2013 1:10 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, the antigay host of the conservative talk show Focal Point on American Family Radio, announced his love for gay people this week and expressed concern for their well-being.
“We don't hate homosexuals. We love them,” Fischer said, adding a caveat. “We grieve for them. It just saddens me to see people that are so deceived and whose lives are being wasted by falling prey to that disease. There's a sickness there, there's a pathology associated with homosexual behavior. You know these are not happy people. They are not well-adjusted people. It just breaks your heart to see what this perverted sense of homosexuality is doing to them. It’s just destroying their humanity."
Fisher, the director of issues analysis at the American Family Association, which was classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center in 2010, concluded his remarks with a call to “ordinary Americans citizens that are grossed out by what homosexuals do in these homosexual parades” to vocalize their opinions.
“And I just keep wondering, when are the American people just gonna have it up to here with the flaunting of this sexual perversity? When are they just gonna say, ‘Enough is enough. We’ve had it. No more. We’re tired of being pushed around. We’re tired of being bullied.’”
Watch the video of Fischer’s remarks below.
- Op-ed: Pope Francis Has Not Made Good on Transgender Rights
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 27 Awesome Gifts for Entertainment Buffs 1 hour 1 min ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars December 19 2013 11:06 PM
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM