WATCH: Bryan Fischer Loves Gays But Is 'Tired of Being Bullied' by Them
BY Daniel Reynolds
September 17 2013 1:10 PM ET
Bryan Fischer, the antigay host of the conservative talk show Focal Point on American Family Radio, announced his love for gay people this week and expressed concern for their well-being.
“We don't hate homosexuals. We love them,” Fischer said, adding a caveat. “We grieve for them. It just saddens me to see people that are so deceived and whose lives are being wasted by falling prey to that disease. There's a sickness there, there's a pathology associated with homosexual behavior. You know these are not happy people. They are not well-adjusted people. It just breaks your heart to see what this perverted sense of homosexuality is doing to them. It’s just destroying their humanity."
Fisher, the director of issues analysis at the American Family Association, which was classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center in 2010, concluded his remarks with a call to “ordinary Americans citizens that are grossed out by what homosexuals do in these homosexual parades” to vocalize their opinions.
“And I just keep wondering, when are the American people just gonna have it up to here with the flaunting of this sexual perversity? When are they just gonna say, ‘Enough is enough. We’ve had it. No more. We’re tired of being pushed around. We’re tired of being bullied.’”
Watch the video of Fischer’s remarks below.
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 16 min 13 sec ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 33 min 1 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 1 hour 32 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 1 hour 38 min ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 2 hours 22 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 2 hours 22 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 2 hours 24 min ago