WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
BY Ran Aubrey Frazier
March 12 2014 3:09 PM ET
There is no love lost between E! late-night host Chelsea Handler and soon-to-be ousted CNN host Piers Morgan. The two television personalities waged a war of words on Piers Morgan Live Monday evening, and Handler won the battle.
The Chelsea Lately star slammed Morgan, whose show is on its way off the air, for his lack of focus during her segment. "You can’t even pay attention for 60 seconds," Handler barked once the show resumed after the commercial break. "You’re a terrible interviewer."
Morgan bristled, "Well, you just weren’t keeping my attention."
Handler held her ground, asserting that it was not her job to keep his attention, since he invited her to be on his show. "It doesn’t matter how interesting I am," she declared. "You signed up for this job."
The tense exchange continued, until Handler fired a final shot, mentioning Morgan's imminent cancellation. Calling attention to how Morgan treats his guests, Handler speculated, "Maybe that’s why your job is coming to an end." Others have criticized Morgan for his handling of gay and transgender issues. Handler, on the other hand, is very popular with LGBT audiences.
Watch the video here.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word