WATCH: Giggly Anderson Cooper Says He’s 'No Expert' on Vaginas
BY Rebecca Juro
June 26 2014 3:59 PM ET
CNN host Anderson Cooper repeatedly lost it on-air again this week as he struggled to get through a story in his Anderson Cooper 360 show’s “Ridiculist” segment about an American tourist in Germany who got stuck in a huge 32-ton sculpture of a vagina.
Cooper couldn’t even make it through the first sentence of his report Tuesday night, becoming barely audible as he said the word “vagina,” clearly uncomfortable. He hastened to ensure that his audience didn’t mistake his intent in covering the story. “Before you start blowing up my Twitter feed,” he said, “know that I am not making fun of women or female anatomy in any way. I am making fun of a guy who got stuck in a sculpture.”
Moments later, Cooper said “Look, I’m certainly no expert on the topic of…” dissolving into laughs before he could complete the sentence, “vaginas, artistic or otherwise. They really aren’t my wheelhouse, so to speak.”
As Cooper snickered through the rest of the segment, he wasn’t even able to get through a prewritten joke about Wolf Blitzer’s beard.
Watch the full segment below.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message