WATCH: Giggly Anderson Cooper Says He’s 'No Expert' on Vaginas
BY Rebecca Juro
June 26 2014 3:59 PM ET
CNN host Anderson Cooper repeatedly lost it on-air again this week as he struggled to get through a story in his Anderson Cooper 360 show’s “Ridiculist” segment about an American tourist in Germany who got stuck in a huge 32-ton sculpture of a vagina.
Cooper couldn’t even make it through the first sentence of his report Tuesday night, becoming barely audible as he said the word “vagina,” clearly uncomfortable. He hastened to ensure that his audience didn’t mistake his intent in covering the story. “Before you start blowing up my Twitter feed,” he said, “know that I am not making fun of women or female anatomy in any way. I am making fun of a guy who got stuck in a sculpture.”
Moments later, Cooper said “Look, I’m certainly no expert on the topic of…” dissolving into laughs before he could complete the sentence, “vaginas, artistic or otherwise. They really aren’t my wheelhouse, so to speak.”
As Cooper snickered through the rest of the segment, he wasn’t even able to get through a prewritten joke about Wolf Blitzer’s beard.
Watch the full segment below.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series