WATCH: Giggly Anderson Cooper Says He’s 'No Expert' on Vaginas
BY Rebecca Juro
June 26 2014 3:59 PM ET
CNN host Anderson Cooper repeatedly lost it on-air again this week as he struggled to get through a story in his Anderson Cooper 360 show’s “Ridiculist” segment about an American tourist in Germany who got stuck in a huge 32-ton sculpture of a vagina.
Cooper couldn’t even make it through the first sentence of his report Tuesday night, becoming barely audible as he said the word “vagina,” clearly uncomfortable. He hastened to ensure that his audience didn’t mistake his intent in covering the story. “Before you start blowing up my Twitter feed,” he said, “know that I am not making fun of women or female anatomy in any way. I am making fun of a guy who got stuck in a sculpture.”
Moments later, Cooper said “Look, I’m certainly no expert on the topic of…” dissolving into laughs before he could complete the sentence, “vaginas, artistic or otherwise. They really aren’t my wheelhouse, so to speak.”
As Cooper snickered through the rest of the segment, he wasn’t even able to get through a prewritten joke about Wolf Blitzer’s beard.
Watch the full segment below.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'