WATCH: Does Fox News’ Megyn Kelly Love Tony Perkins?
BY Rebecca Juro
August 07 2014 6:25 PM ET
Fox News host Megyn Kelly — once seen as more sympathetic to LGBT people or at least more objective than most of the conservative channel’s talking heads — appears to have a thing for noted homophobe Tony Perkins.
Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, labeled a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center in 2010, has been a guest on shows hosted by Kelly 17 times over the past two years, while appearing 13 times on all other Fox News shows combined, Media Matters reports.
Perkins is known for spewing discredited and virulently anti-LGBT rhetoric during his media appearances. He has claimed that the It Gets Better Project’s videos are “disgusting” and a tool for recruiting children into the gay “lifestyle,” endorsed the imposition of the death penalty for homosexuality when it was under consideration in Uganda, and argued that pedophilia is a “homosexual problem.”
Given Perkins’s tendency to spread anti-LGBT propaganda with no basis in fact, the frequency of his appearances on Kelly’s shows could undermine her public image as an objective journalist.
Watch a short video highlighting key points from the report below, courtesy of Media Matters.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court