A Historic Pride in San Diego
BY Neal Broverman
July 23 2012 2:42 PM ET
With the blessing of military brass, uniformed LGBT service members marched in this weekend's San Diego Pride parade.
The Department of Defense recently gave its blessing for queer soldiers and personnel to wear their uniforms in the Diego's Pride parade. "We hereby are granting approval for service members in uniform to participate in this year's parade," Rene Bardorf, deputy assistant secretary of Defense, wrote in a letter. The troops were advised to follow the military's standards for appearance and behavior while in uniform (the directive also only applied to San Diego).
Watch the service members in action via the CNN iReport video below.
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go To Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television WATCH: Gay Character in Peril in New Teen Wolf Season 3 Trailer 19 min 31 sec ago
- Commentary Stop Acting Like I'm Dead Because I Have HIV 33 min 32 sec ago
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 45 min 57 sec ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 51 min 15 sec ago
- Women Bullies in California Chop Off Teen Lesbian's Hair in Possible Hate Crime 52 min 20 sec ago
- Art Dept More Photos From Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Advocate Cover Shoot 1 hour 1 min ago
- Women AMC's Cult Fave The Killing Adds Scrappy Lesbian Character to its Roster 1 hour 8 min ago