11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 4:00 AM ET
Sept. 20, 2011: The First Gay Wedding
At the stroke of midnight, Navy Lt. Gary Ross married Dan Swezy, his partner of 11 years, while simultaneously celebrating the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell."
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 9 min 23 sec ago
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 42 min 53 sec ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM