11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Sept. 20, 2011: The First Gay Wedding
At the stroke of midnight, Navy Lt. Gary Ross married Dan Swezy, his partner of 11 years, while simultaneously celebrating the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell."
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 10 min 9 sec ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 27 min 29 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 50 min 32 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 56 min 35 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 52 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 2 hours 22 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 11:07 AM