11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
December 21, 2011: The First Kiss
Petty Officer 2nd Class Marissa Gaeta of California, returning home on the USS Oak Hill, won the traditional first kiss raffle on board. When her ship arrived at Fort Story in Virginia Beach, Gaeta found her girlfriend, Petty Officer 3rd Class Citlalic Snell, and engaged in the tradition. It was reportedly the first time the first kiss has gone to a same-sex couple.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun