11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
December 21, 2011: The First Kiss
Petty Officer 2nd Class Marissa Gaeta of California, returning home on the USS Oak Hill, won the traditional first kiss raffle on board. When her ship arrived at Fort Story in Virginia Beach, Gaeta found her girlfriend, Petty Officer 3rd Class Citlalic Snell, and engaged in the tradition. It was reportedly the first time the first kiss has gone to a same-sex couple.
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide