11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
January 25: The First Pinning
Air Force Col. Ginger Wallace was the first known out member of the military to have their same-sex partner participate in the pinning ceremony tradition that has been reserved for spouses and family members. Her partner of 10 years, Kathy Knopf, pinned colonel wings on Wallace days after the two attended President Obama's State of The Union address as a guest of the First Lady.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 1 hour 25 min ago
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 2 hours 27 min ago
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 2 hours 49 min ago
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 2 hours 56 min ago
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM