11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 4:00 AM ET
January 25: The First Pinning
Air Force Col. Ginger Wallace was the first known out member of the military to have their same-sex partner participate in the pinning ceremony tradition that has been reserved for spouses and family members. Her partner of 10 years, Kathy Knopf, pinned colonel wings on Wallace days after the two attended President Obama's State of The Union address as a guest of the First Lady.
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 17 min 18 sec ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 26 min 12 sec ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 1 hour 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 2 hours 9 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 2 hours 13 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 3:07 PM