11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 4:00 AM ET
January 25: The First Pinning
Air Force Col. Ginger Wallace was the first known out member of the military to have their same-sex partner participate in the pinning ceremony tradition that has been reserved for spouses and family members. Her partner of 10 years, Kathy Knopf, pinned colonel wings on Wallace days after the two attended President Obama's State of The Union address as a guest of the First Lady.
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 38 min 44 sec ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 45 min 6 sec ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 1 hour 28 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 1 hour 28 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 1 hour 31 min ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 2 hours 51 min ago
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around the World 11:17 AM