11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Feb. 11: A First for a Military Base
Navy Chief Elny McKinney and Anacelly McKinney were the first known same-sex couple to marry on a military base, according to Stephen Peters of the American Military Partner Association. They were wed at Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- President Obama Has Not Called for LGBT National Holiday
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: S.C. Senator Uses Confederate Flag Debate to Deliver Antigay Rant
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future