11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
Feb. 11: A First for a Military Base
Navy Chief Elny McKinney and Anacelly McKinney were the first known same-sex couple to marry on a military base, according to Stephen Peters of the American Military Partner Association. They were wed at Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- #TBT: Posters of Male Nudes