11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 4:00 AM ET
May: A First Time for Cadets
The first class of cadets from the country's military academies to include openly gay students graduated this year. Some of the other traditions like the Naval Academy's ring dance, could include same-sex dates of third-year midshipmen, and LGBT groups were formed at the academies.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'