11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
May: A First Time for Cadets
The first class of cadets from the country's military academies to include openly gay students graduated this year. Some of the other traditions like the Naval Academy's ring dance, could include same-sex dates of third-year midshipmen, and LGBT groups were formed at the academies.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members