11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
May: A First Time for Cadets
The first class of cadets from the country's military academies to include openly gay students graduated this year. Some of the other traditions like the Naval Academy's ring dance, could include same-sex dates of third-year midshipmen, and LGBT groups were formed at the academies.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide
- #TBT: Greetings, Gents
- Op-ed: What I Learned Protesting in Ferguson
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail