11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
May: A First Time for Cadets
The first class of cadets from the country's military academies to include openly gay students graduated this year. Some of the other traditions like the Naval Academy's ring dance, could include same-sex dates of third-year midshipmen, and LGBT groups were formed at the academies.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College