11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
June 26: The First Pride
The Pentagon hosted the department's first event honoring LGBT service members in honor of gay pride month. President Obama also hosted the annual White House Pride celebration, now with multiple service members attending. Marine Captain Matthew Phelps told ABC News, "I thought, 'how amazing is it over the course of a year that I could go from being fired for being who I am to having champagne with the commander-in-chief.'"
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members