11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
June 26: The First Pride
The Pentagon hosted the department's first event honoring LGBT service members in honor of gay pride month. President Obama also hosted the annual White House Pride celebration, now with multiple service members attending. Marine Captain Matthew Phelps told ABC News, "I thought, 'how amazing is it over the course of a year that I could go from being fired for being who I am to having champagne with the commander-in-chief.'"
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality