11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
June 26: The First Pride
The Pentagon hosted the department's first event honoring LGBT service members in honor of gay pride month. President Obama also hosted the annual White House Pride celebration, now with multiple service members attending. Marine Captain Matthew Phelps told ABC News, "I thought, 'how amazing is it over the course of a year that I could go from being fired for being who I am to having champagne with the commander-in-chief.'"
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad