11 Firsts: Major Milestones After The Repeal of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell'
BY Michelle Garcia
September 18 2012 5:00 AM ET
June 26: The First Pride
The Pentagon hosted the department's first event honoring LGBT service members in honor of gay pride month. President Obama also hosted the annual White House Pride celebration, now with multiple service members attending. Marine Captain Matthew Phelps told ABC News, "I thought, 'how amazing is it over the course of a year that I could go from being fired for being who I am to having champagne with the commander-in-chief.'"
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples