S.F.'s Pride Marshal: Bradley Manning
BY Neal Broverman
April 26 2013 1:04 PM ET
Bradley Manning, the LGBT Army intelligence specialist in prison for espionage, will be one of the grand marshals of the San Francisco Pride celebration this summer.
Manning was accused of releasing more than 750,000 documents of various levels of governmental classification through WikiLeaks, saying he was protesting against "don't ask, don't tell" and American foreign policy. Manning's been in jail for three years awaiting trial.
Manning, obviously, won't be able to attend the Pride festivities. "However, Pentagon Papers' whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg will attend in his stead, and hundreds are expected to march in support of PFC Manning in the parade," according to a statement from the Bradley Manning Support Network.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word