S.F.'s Pride Marshal: Bradley Manning
BY Neal Broverman
April 26 2013 12:04 PM ET
Bradley Manning, the LGBT Army intelligence specialist in prison for espionage, will be one of the grand marshals of the San Francisco Pride celebration this summer.
Manning was accused of releasing more than 750,000 documents of various levels of governmental classification through WikiLeaks, saying he was protesting against "don't ask, don't tell" and American foreign policy. Manning's been in jail for three years awaiting trial.
Manning, obviously, won't be able to attend the Pride festivities. "However, Pentagon Papers' whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg will attend in his stead, and hundreds are expected to march in support of PFC Manning in the parade," according to a statement from the Bradley Manning Support Network.
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM