S.F.'s Pride Marshal: Bradley Manning
BY Neal Broverman
April 26 2013 12:04 PM ET
Bradley Manning, the LGBT Army intelligence specialist in prison for espionage, will be one of the grand marshals of the San Francisco Pride celebration this summer.
Manning was accused of releasing more than 750,000 documents of various levels of governmental classification through WikiLeaks, saying he was protesting against "don't ask, don't tell" and American foreign policy. Manning's been in jail for three years awaiting trial.
Manning, obviously, won't be able to attend the Pride festivities. "However, Pentagon Papers' whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg will attend in his stead, and hundreds are expected to march in support of PFC Manning in the parade," according to a statement from the Bradley Manning Support Network.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 1 hour 45 min ago
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 2 hours 45 min ago
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM