BY Neal Broverman
November 19 2009 6:30 PM ET
What are your political aspirations?
To serve Mayor
Villaraigosa in the best way I possibly can and help pull this city out
of this recession and ensure it's in better shape than it was before we
Would you consider running for elected office?
have no immediate plans to even consider running for elective office. I
would never rule anything out, but one thing that has become clear from
working on the inside for so long: There are a number of ways to affect
public policy to make positive change other than holding elected
office. In many ways, elected officials are not in the strongest
You have a high-stress job, how do you keep your stress level down?
That can’t be good.
for the doctors to determine, I suppose. This is a high-pressure job
and a high-stress job and that’s what I signed up for.
Are you partnered?
I’m single. Given the high stress and high pressure of this job, I would be perhaps the world’s worst boyfriend.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Gun Advocate Uses Gays To Make His Point 1 hour 8 min ago
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 2 hours 44 min ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 2 hours 58 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM