Hillary Dominates Your Picks for a 2016 Ticket
BY Michelle Garcia and Lucas Grindley
November 15 2012 5:00 AM ET
1) Hillary Clinton
Secretary of State Clinton is the clear favorite among Advocate readers, with 64% of you in our exit survey encouraging her to run for president in 2016. Clinton's effort in 2008 may not have won over the majority of Democrats, but in the long run, her campaign and tenure in President Obama's Cabinet has catapulted her onto a higher plane of likability. Even the upstate New York daily paper The Buffalo News has already endorsed Clinton for 2016, instead of New York governor Andrew Cuomo, another favorite (who also made this list). Many readers went so far as to suggest running mates for Clinton: Newark, N.J., mayor Cory Booker, Governor Cuomo, and newly elected Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren. A clear shining moment during her time so far as secretary was Clinton's landmark speech on LGBT rights around the world, in which she declared LGBT rights are human rights and urged global leaders to end the discrimination against sexual minorities that endures in too many countries.
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- 17 Celebs Who Are Rooting – And Tweeting – for Marriage Equality
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'