Hillary Dominates Your Picks for a 2016 Ticket
BY Michelle Garcia and Lucas Grindley
November 15 2012 5:00 AM ET
8) Gary Johnson (tied)
The former governor of New Mexico just couldn't get any respect in a Republican primary with the right-wing likes of Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum to contend with. He had trouble getting into the debates with his libertarian, pro-marriage equality views. So he eventually withdrew from the GOP primary and became the standard bearer for a national libertarian ticket. But he's still the only candidate from Republican roots to make our readers' top 10 hopefuls for 2016.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'