Hillary Dominates Your Picks for a 2016 Ticket
BY Michelle Garcia and Lucas Grindley
November 15 2012 5:00 AM ET
8) Gary Johnson (tied)
The former governor of New Mexico just couldn't get any respect in a Republican primary with the right-wing likes of Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum to contend with. He had trouble getting into the debates with his libertarian, pro-marriage equality views. So he eventually withdrew from the GOP primary and became the standard bearer for a national libertarian ticket. But he's still the only candidate from Republican roots to make our readers' top 10 hopefuls for 2016.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House