Hillary Dominates Your Picks for a 2016 Ticket
BY Michelle Garcia and Lucas Grindley
November 15 2012 5:00 AM ET
8) Gary Johnson (tied)
The former governor of New Mexico just couldn't get any respect in a Republican primary with the right-wing likes of Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum to contend with. He had trouble getting into the debates with his libertarian, pro-marriage equality views. So he eventually withdrew from the GOP primary and became the standard bearer for a national libertarian ticket. But he's still the only candidate from Republican roots to make our readers' top 10 hopefuls for 2016.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers