Preacher Tells Flock that Gays Stirred Up Hurricane Sandy
BY Neal Broverman
October 29 2012 2:05 PM ET
A religious chaplain is attempting to whip up his followers with a blog post that says Hurricane Sandy, currently threatening the East Coast, is God's reaction to homosexuality.
The nonsensical declaration comes from chaplain John McTernan, founder of Defend and Proclaim the Faith ministries. McTernan's website describes its mission as "worldwide events and breaking news examined in light of the sure word of bible prophecy." McTernan is also a big supporter of Israel and believes President Obama is a Muslim who wants to turn Jerusalem into Medina. The "preacher" also thinks Mitt Romney will lead America to hell.
"Obama is 100 percent behind the Muslim Brotherhood which has vowed to destroy Israel and take Jerusalem," McTernan writes. "Both candidates are pro-homosexual and are behind the homosexual agenda. America is under political judgment and the church does not know it!"
McTernan also believed gays were behind Hurricane Isaac, which actually delayed the Republican National Convention.
"Just last August, Hurricane Isaac hit New Orleans seven years later, on the exact day of Hurricane Katrina. Both hit during the week of the homosexual event called Southern Decadence in New Orleans!"
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks